- This event has passed.
Happy Hour at Demofest in honor of our Elected Officials and Candidates
September 24 @ 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Happy Hour at Demofest! Demofest is a convention held by the Kansas Democratic Party each year and open to all. This year it will be a series of virtual events, conducted via Zoom, September 22-27. As part of the convention, the Douglas County Democrats are hosting a Happy Hour in honor of our elected officials and candidates who are on the ballot this year. With special hosts, Michelle De La Isla and Paul Davis, we will toast our candidates and hear brief comments from each. Join us Thursday, September 24, via Zoom to wish our Douglas County Candidates well. There is no charge for this event. Please bring your own glass to lift in a toast!
- Michelle De La Isla, candidate for U.S. House of Representative
- Tom Holland, Marci Francisco, and Anthony Hensley, Kansas State Senators and candidates for re-election
- Barbara Ballard, Mike Amyx, and Boog Highberger, Kansas State House of Representatives and candidates for re-election
- Christina Haswood and John Brosz, candidates for Kansas State Hour of Representatives
- Ann Mah, Commissioner and candidate for State Board of Education
- Shannon Portillo and Shannon Reid, candidates for Douglas County Commission
- Jamie Shew, Douglas County Clerk and candidate for re-election
- Suzanne Valdez, Candidate for District Attorney
- Jay Armbrister, candidate for Sheriff
- Adam Rains, Douglas County Treasurer and candidate for election
- Kent Brown, candidate for Douglas County Register of Deeds