Office Coordinator and Administrative Assistant
Headquarters, Douglas County Democratic Party
Position Overview: This position provides administrative staffing in the Douglas County Democrats’ Headquarters for the 2020 election. The position is vital to the election of Democratic candidates in the next election and offers the opportunity for extensive, hands-on political campaign experience. The person selected will be responsible for providing coverage during open office hours throughout the week; providing a positive service orientation to the public, volunteers and office holders; assisting with data entry and clerical work; maintaining office schedules and calendar; and assisting with events and projects.
Terms of the Position: The person hired will work for 20 hours per week, beginning in March until mid- November. The salary is $15 per hour. Because the position provides office coverage, office hours will include late afternoon-early evening hours on week days, and some weekend work.
- Greet and assist visitors and volunteer workers, in person and by phone
- Manage scheduling of office volunteers
- Perform data entry using voter related software and complete clerical work
- Coordinate scheduling of the Headquarters meeting space
- Maintain neatness and order in the Headquarters
- Assist with coordination of canvassing activities
- Assist with special events conducted by the Douglas County Dems
- College experience
- Experience working with the public and in general office/administrative support work
- Effective communication skills
- Data entry experience and familiarity with data entry software systems
- Strong word processing skills
- Previous involvement with Democratic party work or related social justice or political advocacy activity
- Demonstrated commitment to Democratic Party principles and goals
- Advanced computer skills
- Desktop publishing skills
To apply, please send letter of application, resume, and names and contact information of three references. Please explain in your letter how you meet the position requirements and why you are interested in the position. Applications and questions about the position can be directed to the Douglas County Democrats at email@example.com. Application review will begin March 2, 2020.
The Douglas County Democratic Party is committed to equity and equal opportunity in its hiring process.