Vote for Candidates who acknowledge Climate Change and believe that Science is Real
Since many GOP leaders are climate deniers, it’s up to national Democrats to take the lead in climate issues, advancing many climate bills. That’s why the climate crisis has become a such priority in the U.S. House since Democrats regained control.
Both the House and the Senate Democrats have crafted sweeping plans for solving the climate crisis, calling for both a rapid buildup of renewable energy resources to decreased emissions across the country. They value climate considerations when making foreign policy decisions and are especially concerned for the health and safety of vulnerable communities.
Democrats know that a new, green economy would provide millions of jobs for Americans while helping the U.S. reach net zero emissions by 2050.
President Joe Biden, Democrat:
The very first climate bill in the U.S. Senate, the Global Climate Protection Act, was introduced by Joe Biden in 1986. As vice president, Joe Biden made fighting climate change the single most important thing he and President Obama could do. He personally oversaw their administration’s implementation of important climate programs.
On the campaign trail, President Joe Biden stated that he would implement The Biden Plan for a Clean Energy Revolution and Environmental Justice, including actions that will:
- Invest $1.7 trillion in building a green infrastructure capable of withstanding the impacts of climate disasters.
- Ensure America reaches net-zero emissions by 2050.
- Re-engage America in the Paris Climate Accord.
- Integrate considerations of climate change when setting trade policy and making national security decisions.
- Safeguard disadvantaged communities disproportionally at risk of poor health and climate disasters.
- Implement the Green New Deal, bringing well-paying jobs to millions of Americans and breathing new life into our nation’s stagnant economy.
Democrats in the Kansas House and Senate fight for the environment!
In the 2020 legislative session, Kansas Democratic legislators proposed and supported bills:
- Mandating the use of technologies that capture greenhouse gasses.
- Increasing energy efficiency standards to rely on renewable sources of production.
- Reviewing the State’s fossil fuel investment strategies.
- Establishing a state energy plan.
They even co-sponsored a bill in the Kansas House recognizing the seriousness of our global climate crisis. Few of those proposals even got a hearing. After all, most Republican legislators don’t believe climate change is real. But Kansas Democrats know the truth: climate change is real, and if we don’t do something to address this existential threat soon … It may be too late.